Localism Terms of Reference
- To have returned to Newquay Town Council as much as possible all viable assets including but not exclusively from the former Restormel Borough Council.
- That Newquay Town Council liaises with Cornwall Council on all matters considered germane to Newquay Town Councill.
- The Localism Committee reports directly to Full Council including exempt items if necessary.
- To promote local history, local culture and local identity.
- The committee will work towards, where practical, decentralisation of decision making and accountability down to the level of the local community.
- That members of this Committee, individually and collectively agree that any discussions relating to the contents of the Assets Registers provided by Cornwall Council and distributed to this group are strictly limited between the Town Council and Cornwall Council. In no circumstance are discussions to take place with any outside bodies or individuals relative to the assets in question particularly to those members and staff that are privy to the contents of the register in question. It is essential for the continuing good name of Newquay Town Council that any acquisitions and subsequent disposal of any of the said assets are dealt with the utmost probity and with the majority agreement of the Town Council. Members are reminded of their duties to the Code of Conduct and the Town Council's Standing Orders and that any conduct outside of these confines is likely to be reported to the monitoring officer.